Judy Dixon, Chair
Lewis Jean, Vice-Chair
Ruth Ann Mason, Secretary
Terra Knight, Attorney
The Owensboro Metropolitan Board of Adjustment is an agency of local government associated with the Owensboro Metropolitan Planning Commission. It is established by a joint agreement of the City of Owensboro, the City of Whitesville, and Daviess County, Kentucky, pursuant to Kentucky Revised Statutes, Chapter 100 — Planning & Zoning Enabling Legislation. The seven (7) citizen Board members serve four (4) year terms. Owensboro appoints four (4) members and Daviess County, three (3).
The Board of Adjustment carries out provisions of the Owensboro Metropolitan Zoning Ordinance by considering and taking final action upon…
- Conditional Use Permits for specific uses that are enumerated in the Zoning Ordinance as conditionally permitted uses;
- Variances that depart from the dimensional terms of the Zoning Ordinance pertaining to the height, width, or location of structures, and the size of yards and open spaces, which shall not include variances from the permitted land uses or density requirements of a zone;
- Landscape variances as provided by the Zoning Ordinance;
- Administrative Appeals by applicants or aggrieved persons regarding interpretations or other decisions made by the zoning administrators for Owensboro, Whitesville or Daviess County; and,
- Administrative Appeals to convert an existing nonconforming use to another nonconforming use, or to move a nonconforming building to another location on a lot.