Aaron Isom grew up in Whitesville, KY and attended Daviess County High School and Owensboro Community College. Aaron has 25 years of residential and commercial construction experience.
Aaron stated his career with the Owensboro Metropolitan Planning Commission on September 1, 2021. He organizes and supervises the construction plan submittal, approval and permit issuance process and provides case management of complex building construction applications; coordinates the provision of efficient and effective service delivery to customers. His duties include:
- Provides guidance of the building construction application approval processes, issuance of permits, plan submittals, plan processing, and fee assessment and payment processing.
- Coordinates efficient and effective service delivery to customers; handles difficult and complex customer service situations; identifies and recommends opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures.
- Ensures timely processing of plans, permits and applications; coordinates the routing and tracking of plans; performs follow-up phone calls to ensure timeliness and response.
- Provides case management of complex building construction applications; confers with project owners and design professionals regarding state and local code requirements and obtaining outside agency application approvals as needed.
- Attends and participates in development review meetings.
- Researches new trends, innovations and laws impacting the building plan submittal and approval.
- Performs other related duties as required.