Jenni Logsdon was born and raised in Owensboro, Kentucky. She graduated from Apollo High School in May 2000. She attended Owensboro Community & Technical College and Western Kentucky University studying psychology and sociology.
Jenni started with Owensboro Metropolitan Planning Commission in July 2013 as a receptionist. Her primary duties included answering phone lines, directing calls, assisting the public, scheduling inspections.
In May 2023 Jenni became the Development Liaison. She organizes and supervises the construction plan submittal, approval and permit issuance process and provides case management of complex building construction applications; coordinates the provision of efficient and effective service delivery to customers. She is also working with the Planning staff preforming administrative functions. Her duties include:
- Providing guidance of the building construction application approval processes, issuance of permits, plan submittals, plan processing, and fee assessment and payment processing.
- Coordinating efficient and effective service delivery to customers; handling difficult and complex customer service situations; identifying and recommending opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures.
- Ensuring timely processing of plans, permits and applications; coordinates the routing and tracking of plans; performing follow-up phone calls to ensure timeliness and response.
- Providing case management of complex building construction applications; confering with project owners and design professionals regarding state and local code requirements and obtaining outside agency application approvals as needed.
- Attending and participating in development review meetings.
- Researching new trends, innovations and laws impacting building plan submittal and approval.
- Planning duties as needed.